What is the Best Way To Find Out What My Byxbe Etching is Worth?
- Measure and record the exact dimensions of the printed area
- Examine it carefully for damage. Is the paper yellowed? Are there any folds or creases? Are there any brown spots (foxing) on the print itself or the matte it is in? Is it in a frame with extra information on the back? Significant damage can easily take away 50% of the value.
- Look at the Ebay listings at the bottom of this page and see if a Byxbe like yours is for sale there. Click that link it it is, otherwise click any link and go to the Ebay site.
- Search Ebay for an exact match to your etching. If there are no active listings that match, use the advanced search feature to see if any sold recently.
- When you find an exact match read the description carefully to make sure the condition of the one sold matches the condition of yours.
- Keep in mind that the harder you have to work to find an exact match and the fewer you can find, the more valuable it probably is.
- If yours is one where the same title got used a LOT, such as Bear Lake or Dream Lake, you will have to be especially careful. Some of the differences are VERY subtle. For example, he may have added some aquatint wash to emphasize dark areas on the etching.